- 28 years experience in Kung Fu
- Former NCAA Boxing Champion
- Certified Jeet Kune Do Instructor (since 1990)
- Authentic JKD Training
- Martial Arts and Cinematic Choreography
- Sports Medicine
- Personalized Instruction
AUTHENTIC JKD TRAINING
- Full Contact Sparring
- Trapping and Sensitivity Drills
- Intercepting Fist/Kick Drills
- Chinese Philosophy and Medicine
ABOUT DR Z.
Born and raised in China, Dr. Z started his martial arts training with his grandfather at the age of 5. As a teenager, he grew up practicing Tai Chi Chuan, Wing Chun, Choy Li Fat, Northern Shaolin & Western Boxing. After coming to America for college in the early 80’s, Dr. Z started his JKD training with Sifu Dan Inosanto & Sifu Ted Wong and was a former classmate of the late Brandon Lee. He is knowledgeable in both the Original JKD and the JKD Concepts way of training. He has also fought full contact bouts professionally out of the Jet Center.
After 3 decades of training, Dr. Z continues to share his knowledge in the martial arts and medicine. He has been the personal doctor of Master Eric Lee, Professor Toru Tanaka, Grand Master Sin Kwan Thé, and Grand Master Ed Parker.
- To promote and preserve the original art of Jeet Kune Do as it was practiced by its founder. To continue the quest from where the founder left off, and to progress beyond.
- To contribute both scholarly and athletically, to increase the pool of knowledge within the Jeet Kune Do circle and the martial arts world.
- To encourage practitioners to compete in full contact tournaments and MMA with the aim of applying the art and sharing it with other martial artist/competitors.
- To continue on the cinematic quest of the late Bruce Lee and the late Brandon Lee. (This has been done by other martial artists but unfortunately, not sufficiently by Jeet Kune Do practitioners.)